These are some of the features of the SmartRectCollider2D included in the Smart 2D Colliders asset
I have used it to create a platform controller and I have made a gif showing it in action solving different problems you can found when making a platform game.
You can play the platform demo here http://creativespore.itch.io/smart2dcolliders
Now Available on the store u3d.as/k5i
And see in a video how it works:
- SmartRectCollider2D features:
- Avoid using a circle for foots and a rectangle for the body.
- Use the skin around the SmartRectCollider2D body to allow climbing steps and slopes.
- Automatic detection of moving platforms, including translation, rotation and scaling.
- The SmartRectCollider2D can be scaled and rotated keeping all its properties.
- Fast moving detection. No matter how fast it goes, the SmartRectCollider2D will be stopped by the first collider found.
- SmartRectCollider2D works separately with 2D & 3D colliders, and you can disable any of them as you wish.
- SmartRectCollider2D pushes objects with a rigidBody or rigidBody2D.
- SmartRectCollider2D have one way collisions in any direction: up, down, left & right.
- Easy to use and modify.